- See Mental Health Promotion
- Boschma, G., & Groening, M. (2015). Psychiatric and mental health nursing: From past to present. In W. Austin & M. A. Boyd (Eds.), Psychiatric & mental health nursing for Canadian practice (3rd ed., Chapter 1, pp. 2–16). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Smith, M., & Khanlou, N. (2013). An analysis of Canadian psychiatric mental health nursing through the junctures of history, gender, nursing education, and quality of work life in Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. ISRN Nursing, 2013.
- Symonds-Brown, H. (2014). Historical overview psychiatric mental health nursing. In M. J. Halter, Varcarolis’s Canadian psychiatric mental health nursing: A clinical approach. C. L. Pollard, S. L. Ray, & M. Haase (Eds.), (First Canadian ed., Chapter 2, pp. 17–25). Toronto, ON: Elsevier Canada.
- Canadian Institute for Health Information. (2007). Improving the health of Canadians: Mental health and homelessness. Ottawa, ON: Author.
- The Canadian Observatory on Homelessness. Homeless Hub. (2016). Nothing about us without us: Seven principles for leadership and inclusion of people with lived experience of homelessness.